Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Tobacco Miracle

Our personal Hanukkah

Let's start with, Yes, I know, smoking bad! So, with that acknowledgement, I shall move on to the post.

We had an early Hanukkah miracle this year.
With our current circumstances, we need tobacco. (sigh) (shrug - it is how it is, not how we would have it be)

Well, last month, a week before any money was forthcoming, we were basically out. Between my husband and myself, this was a serious shortage. We both smoke far too much. Currently, we need to. Any way, we were out, with at least a week before a reprieve.

So what happened? I honestly believe that God stepped in. I know, many of you will think that is blasphemous. God providing for that evil weed? But I say, yes. Because God does provide for our needs and takes care of us.

Any way, this is what happened. We were out of tobacco. But we have a tray where we roll our own, that catches fallen bits of tobacco. And we had a box that held our ciggarette supplies. And we had ashtrays. Between those very limited supplies, and limiting our tobacco use to only when we were literally vibrating, our tobacco lasted until some funds came in.

In my heart of hearts, I believe this to be a miracle, reminiscent of the miracle of Hanukkah in which a lamp with only enough oil for 1 day, lasted 8 days. God provided light for them. I truly believe he provided tobacco for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment